Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Capes


Ever since Leighton Meester wore this Trina Turk capelet on Gossip Girl a few weeks ago, this trend has definitely been on my radar.  Unfortunately, that capelet looks like it'd be unsubstantial for the cold weather we're having in New York right now.

Behold, the Tocca cape.  Made of midweight wool and with a longer length and beautiful basketweave pattern, this is a great alternative to a traditional coat that I can wear from now until March - with jeans and a sweater, or with a wool dress and sleek leather boots.

The Tocca cape is available at Bluefly.com for $261.90 (on sale from $485).  The Trina Turk capelet is available at Fashion Chateau for $356.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Gah - I want a cape.

It's one of those pieces of fashion I admire, but haven't tried yet (I fear I'd be constantly tugging and adjusting it!)

Elle said...

I agree - it's a look I've always admired but never attempted!